Its time to act – differently. Ever-increasing gun control and continual erosion of fundamental Constitutional Liberties is proof that more must be done to protect and defend our 2nd Amendment rights. Thats where we come in. Armed Citizens United is an action based organization committed to lobbying, organizing, informing, empowering and educating at every level (Federal, State and Local) to ensure that the liberties originally and expressly stated in the 2nd Amendment are not infringed.
We take a different, more proactive, more twenty first century approach on every level (Federal, State, Local) to protect, preserve and, in some cases, try to regain (yes you, New York) our Constitutional rights as gun owners.
We are an organization of ACTION. With your help, we can accomplish great things.
The bar for what constitutes a felony is constantly being lowered and as such a large number of Americans lose their rights each year over petty infractions. ACU believes non-violent felons should have their rights fully restored once their debt to society is paid.
Students and faculty should be able to legally carry firearms on campus, including class.
Gun free zones should be abolished. As we’ve seen time and time again these places become killing fields for the insane where innocent lives are lost because citizens weren't to be trusted with their right to self defense.
The government shouldn’t have the ability to tax or license a Constitutional right. ACU supports the passage of “Constitutional Carry” laws nationwide. As part of this, states should be forced to honor the concealed weapons permits of other states. For states such as Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Vermont and Wyoming that are Constitutional carry states, their citizens should be allowed to carry in all 50 states.
The federal government rarely, if ever, prosecutes felons for attempting to purchase firearms from gun stores who were stopped through the NICS background check system. Because of this, the current background check system only serves to impede law abiding citizens from exercising their rights and wastes millions of tax payer dollars. It should be eliminated.
The National Firearms Act is unconstitutional as it places a tax on the rights of American citizens. Much like the poll taxes of the past, the NFA makes it so only the rich and privileged may fully exercise their Constitutional rights and thus should be repealed.
The Hughes Amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act is unconstitutional and needs to be repealed.
We have nearly as many firearms in the United States as we do citizens yet our schools do not offer firearms safety courses. This must change. ACU believes firearms instruction courses should be made available to all students.
We fully support the right of all Americans to carry their firearm either openly or concealed. We do not believe it is the right of the State to dictate how a firearm must be carried nor do we agree with licensing and taxing that right (CCW license fees).
We believe Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine laws are vital for law-abiding citizens to defend and protect themselves and their families as they give citizens the legal backing to an inherent right: self-defense. We believe all 50 states should have similar 'Stand Your Ground' laws in place that allow law-abiding citizens to use lethal force when presented with possible death or severe bodily harm of themselves or their loved ones.
We believe that all gun owners and regular gun users should proactively be standing up for and supporting the 2nd Amendment. If all gun owners and users do not take a stand to protect these rights, they could very will be 'revoked' by the American Government (at either the local, state, or Federal level).
ACU 2013-14 Initiatives
- Be the first to respond in every national gun related crisis and/or gun debate with a proactive PR and media approach
- Contribute to a stronger 2nd Amendment lobbyist presence in Washington D.C.
- Lead letter writing, postcard and social media advocacy campaigns
- Organize Voices & Represent Nationwide
- Continue to strengthen our grassroots and local associations with finances and media tools
- Provide resources for events, training and education for local organizations that have demonstrated merit
- Provided updates, current and relevant web content that is of true value
- Proactively establish a Public Relations and press/media presence
- Provide email blasts, mailers and newsletters that have relevance and provide real value
- Leverage our media contacts to ensure our voices are heard
- Provide members content for websites, blogs and videos
- Establish a Grant Program for State and Local organizations
- Assist in promoting shooting sports
- Lead crowdsourcing initiatives
- Provide legal services
- Armed Citizens – 101 Series
- Provide videos, articles, links and white papers
- Develop Law Enforcement education sessions with our inside experts
- Provide concealed carry info, what you really need to know, updates that you should be aware of
Our Continuing & Long-Term Objectives
- Lead the charge for 2nd Amendment advocates that organize at every level in every state. Federal, State and Local.
- Become the trusted resource for gun owners and those that believe in the 2nd Amendment by providing a platform for high quality writers, videographers and other 2nd Amendment advocates who offer ideas and information to share with our national community.
Dianna Liedorff is a 21 year veteran of the Tulsa Police department. During her career she has served in Narcotics, Gangs, Street Crimes, and Patrol as well as being a training officer and firearms instructor.
Dianna is also a professional 3-Gun athlete and can be seen on the Sportsman Channel's "3-Gun Nation". She is an avid supporter of all shooting sports and the 2nd Amendment and is excited about being a part of the Armed Citizens United and the opportunity to make a difference for America and the 2nd Amendment!
Tim Harmsen is an avid shooter, former MCSF Marine, Oath Keeper and is commissioned as a Colonel by the Governor of Kentucky. Known for his videos on the Military Arms Channel, he also writes for The Bang Switch, for Shotgun News (Be Ready!) and freelances for Guns & Ammo. Tim has been a lifelong shooter who has an interest in all things that go "bang" but gravitates towards military type firearms. As one of the core founders of Armed Citizens United, Col. Harmsen believes that more must be done to preserve the liberties we hold dear, especially those expressly called out in the 2nd Amendment.
Brain Tree Media and Management Group is the marketing and media engine behind Armed Citizens United. This talented group delivers expertise across the marketing and media spectrum bringing comprehensive strategy, creativity and management. Brain Tree works with clients around the world providing consulting, sponsor services, event management, corporate hospitality, media production and talent management.